Spotify support has now been added to the vivoactive 3 music watches! It’s been a couple of months since Spotify was added to the fenix 5 plus series and the forerunner 645 music, so it's good to see it make its way onto Garmin's third 'music' focused product. The Spotify app for the vivoactive 3 music is available to be downloaded here. This update allows users to run freely with their tunes without the need to pack a phone.
Just as aside at this point Spotify Premium is required to use this app. This is due to the watch not having an active WiFi/Phone network connection to serve up ads. The app itself will let you download music directly to watch for offline use. This includes all your custom playlists, albums and podcasts.
- To add the Spotify app to your watch, you will first need to make sure your watch is paired to your phone (your phone also needs to have the Garmin Connect app).
- Open Garmin connect app on your phone, click ‘more” (bottom right for iPhone users) (three bars in the top right for Android users)
- Scroll down to Garmin IQ Connect store
- Search Spotify and download it
- Once fully downloaded and synced your watch should now tell you that Spotify has been added
To set up your personal Spotify account
- Open Spotify on your watch, it will request that you sync Garmin Connect to your Spotify account
- Open Garmin connect on your phone it will have a message to connect to your Spotify account, enter in your account details, sync the watch and then you’re finished.
Garmin has also made a helpful video on how to quickly add this new app to your vivoactive 3 music watch.