InReach Explorer+ Subscription developed for Teams and Organisations
Garmin has introduced a new Professional tier for the inReach devices (compatible with both inReach SE+ and inReach Explorer+) in November 2017. The old professional tier plan only offers tiers in bytes and was quite restrictive even on the high-end plans (original subscription plans featured below).
Old Organisation Subscription Offer
The new plans offer a better experience regarding custom features and data allocation only available for the Professional Plan users. In particular, unlike the other individual/recreational plans, the new Professional Flex plans allow customers to move up or down plan tiers without an additional charge and can cancel their subscriptions at any stage.
New Subscription Offer
*Minimum 30-day commitment
What are the advantages of the ‘Professional Plans’ vs the ‘Recreational Plans’
The biggest advantage is that it becomes much easier to manage multiple devices through one central account that can also easily track users in the field. This list comes directly from Garmin’s announcement about the new Flex Plan features.
Key Professional Flex Plan Features:
- All Flex plans are month-to-month and only require a 30-day commitment
- Options to pay by credit card or net-30 invoicing terms
- Centralized billing to one account
- Suspend service in the off-season or when staff is not deployed in the field
- Move up or down a plan for free when your tracking or communications needs change
- A professional management website to administer multiple devices, control device settings and configure group profiles
- Track users or assets via the professional management website’s map page and adjust tracking intervals to suit your organization’s needs
- Easily switch between communicating with teams or individual inReach users in the field from the professional management website’s map page
Advanced inbound/outbound API provides access to messaging and tracking data to integrate with a custom web platform or software solution.
If you would like to inquire further with Garmin about migrating your existing inReach account to the professional flex plans, you can reach them via this email inReach.firstname.lastname@example.org. Just include your username, inReach device IMEI (Check this in settings > about this device). You can take a look at Garmin’s Flex Subscription plans in detail from this article.
Garmin inReach Explorer+ Available here - Compatible accessories, 360 degree product view and package deals available on this page also.
Garmin inReach SE+ Available here - Compatible accessories, 360 degree product view and package deals available on this page also.